Are you feeling out of sorts? Can’t gain any clarity? Are you unable to stop ruminating about a situation or a person’s behavior? Well, look no further —
I came across this very simple meditation/visualization to share with you that induces a state of clarity. This visualization was created by Colette Baron-Reid –you can check her out by clicking on her name. This is a free meditation I received through an email subscription — I’m going to share this meditation/visualization with you —
I’m tweaking it a bit.
Before you make a decision, access your intuitive guidance system or an oracle (Tarot for example) you want to be in a state of neutrality —
Remaining neutral means that you have no view or strong feeling either way in or regarding a conflict or disagreement —
It’s really hard to make a clear decision when you are in an emotional frenzy.
Just imagine what happens when you blow an emotional gasket — It’s like a dragon Scorched the land and a few people in its midst. You feel a sense of relief — the people in your life do not feel relieved.
Here goes (it’s my version of Colette’s meditation):
1. Sit in a comfortable position — with your feet on the floor. Close your eyes.
2. Take three slow, deep breaths. You will find your body relaxing.
3. Identify how you feel — sometimes you feel sensations in your body and can’t identify an emotion —
let the sensations guide you to an emotion — are you angry? Sad? Upset? Anxious? Afraid?
4. What does this emotion look like? Imagine what the emotion looks like — what do you see?
5. Do you like it there? Do you want to stay there? Does it feel good? Most likely NO! You don’t want to be there
it’s pretty uncomfortable!
6. Imagine a mythical bird fly out of the sky — a helpful mythical bird big enough to support your weight and what does this bird look like? What message does this bird have
for you? Take note of this.
7. Now, you are going to hop on top of this bird — and this benevolent bird is going to fly into the blue sky and all you see around you is blue sky.
Look around you at the blue sky —
8. Look below to where you were and to the emotion that had trapped you — what does it look like now that you are high in the sky?
You will feel different —
9. You can use this meditation anytime you are feeling the need to find a state of neutrality and peace.
I started this meditation off feeling extremely irritated and impulsively wanted to tell a few people off. That’s never a good sign — your mind convinces you it is the BEST idea ever to tell someone off– but trust me — it is the WORST idea. Don’t buy into your own bullshit!
When I completed the meditation, I felt relaxed (parasympathetic nervous system reset) — I was able to see the situations and people for what they were (someone else’s situation — someone else’s problem). I just got entangled in trying to unravel it! Can anyone say co-dependent three times backwards? Really fast?
What did I do? Nothing.
If something was important enough to say — then this would be a good time to use wise mind communication style (assertive communication) — to address an issue — no one wants to be a doormat —
Thank you for reading.
If you try this meditation/visualization — tell me how you felt before and after — what do you do to find your neutral and a sense of clarity? I’d love to hear from you.