The Moon is merely a reflection of the Sun’s light. We cannot have the Moon without the Sun, the masculine without the feminine, or our past without our future. The challenge is to unite our past and our future so we are living fully in the present moment. The Moon, as all other planets, supports our purpose and guides us toward that purpose.
Sometimes, we may not be fully living in our Sun’s light; we are living and expressing ourselves predominately through another planet. When this happens we are expressing the elements of that planet more than we are any other planet. We, then, become misaligned or out of balance when we let one planet lead the way over all the others. It happens to everyone but not everyone admits it. No one is alone in this, please know this deep fact. The grass is only greener on the other side because of our perception – not because the grass is actually greener.
The Moon is our past, our habits, our emotional patterns, our unconscious, our need to receive emotional security, our mother, our sense of belonging, our fears, how we instinctually react – and all of these elements hold us back from fulfilling our purpose and standing in the light of our Sun’s rays.
We all have baggage to varying degrees and, therefore, got shit to work on. No big deal, right?
We want to begin to understand how we unconsciously operate so we start to embody the more helpful and healthful ways of expressing ourselves. This starts with awareness of our unhelpful or maladaptive patterns and elements that hold us back and cause us unhappiness. With that awareness, comes responsibility – and we look to our Saturn for that piece.
It’s much easier to blame someone else for our lot in life, isn’t it? When we do blame, does that change our lot in life? We still have shit to deal with so we better start dealing, right?
The ways that I have found helpful and would like to impart this knowledge to you is thus:
- Meditation – when you commit to a daily practice of meditation you become aware of your thoughts and thought patterns, your physical sensations and emotions
- Identify triggers –
- situations – what situations trigger ‘negative’ thoughts or emotions?
- thoughts – what thoughts are arising? What thought patterns do you notice?
- emotions – what are you feeling in response to these situational triggers and thoughts?
When we have an emotional response, we will notice that we start thinking about that or have some sort of judgment about that emotion. These thoughts increase the intensity of the emotions. So, our thoughts are a light switch that increases or decreases the amount of intensity of emotion.
3. Nutrition – the Moon is about how we get our nutritional and emotional needs met. So, when we are eating a balanced diet this supports a healthy functioning body and supports our emotions. Correct nutrition balances our mood, excites the right chemicals and supports our emotional well-being. When we are not eating well, we feel irritated, ungrounded, heavy, etc. The key is eating a good portion of vegetables, protein, carbs, fruit and fats.
4. Intuition – we begin to access our intuition in deeper ways through meditation and eating a balanced diet. We all have intuition. We all have a place in which we ‘hear’ the decisions we need to make in any situation. We will feel it in our body. It will not be our mind, yet our mind will interpret that response and, perhaps, talk us out of it. Focus on building intuition.
This is our Moon work.
Our intuition, balanced nutritional health, identifying and restructuring our thoughts and thought patterns, emotional triggers and emotions, and meditation support us as we move forward to fulfill our purpose: the glorious light of our Sun sign.